East of England Bee Improvement Groups
meet beekeepers from the region to discuss Bee Improvement and queen rearing
From 10:00 until 16:30
At Lawshall Village Hall
The Glebe, Lawshall, Harrow Green IP29 4PE
An opportunity to meet beekeepers from around the region to discuss Bee Improvement and queen rearing.
- Starting and Organising a Bee Improvement Group - Equipment needed, raising finance, running a group.
- Selecting Stock for propagation - natural and beekeeper selection.
- The importance of Drones - selecting and positioning.
- Starter colonies, set up and maintenance
- Support colonies - you need bees to make bees - some management techniques.
- Using incubators
- Queen Introduction - mated and virgin.
- Setting up mating nucs, 3 frame and mini nucs. How to run for multiple rounds.
In the afternoon there will be time for breakout groups to share best practice of their own activities and some time for planning next steps.
Tickets are free and are available through Eventbrite here