Past WEBINARS are available to view by clicking the ‘webinar’ menu
BIBBA has developed a strategy document titled “National Bee Improvement Programme” and is soliciting interest, support and feedback from other stakeholder organisations, groups and beekeepers for a national approach to selecting and improving a locally adapted bee population. The aim is to reduce the health risks posed by imports whilst at the same time improving the quality of our bees for everyone ...
Members can download a copy of ‘The Honeybees of the British Isles’
“Beekeeping: What’s it all About?”
Saturday 30 January 2021 4.00pm
A one hour presentation that gives the information to help potential beekeepers decide if they should go further.
Full details in the New Year
What does BIBBA Offer?
- Encouragement to form breeding groups to improve and propagate native and near native queens.
- Help for beekeepers to improve their bees so they suit their environment, are productive, healthy and gentle to handle.
- Encouragement to raise queens from local stock.
- Provision of relevant information and methods.
- Demonstrations and workshops on practical subjects, such as colony assessment and queen rearing.
- Publications and guidance on all aspects of bee improvement and queen rearing.
- Support projects in areas with a high level of native bees.
- Courses on bee improvement and raising queens, using both natural methods the bees present us with that will suit the ordinary beekeeper, and more advanced methods for those who need more queens.