Members: More Info
This book describes a little known but simple way of quickly increasing honey bee colonies. Rather than just being one method, there are several techniques that can be used on their own if needed. The author has used the whole method or parts successfully for over 40 years.
Although it has been used in the UK, there is no reason why it can’t be successfully implemented throughout the world. It is suitable for all beekeepers, whether small scale where selective parts of this book can be used, or by larger sale where the full method is more appropriate.
BIBBA Opposes the Importation of Honey Bees and Queens
What does BIBBA Offer?
- Encouragement to form breeding groups to improve and propagate native and near native queens.
- Help for beekeepers to improve their bees so they suit their environment, are productive, healthy and gentle to handle.
- Encouragement to raise queens from local stock.
- Provision of relevant information and methods.
- Demonstrations and workshops on practical subjects, such as colony assessment and queen rearing.
- Publications and guidance on all aspects of bee improvement and queen rearing.
- Support projects in areas with a high level of native bees.
- Courses on bee improvement and raising queens, using both natural methods the bees present us with that will suit the ordinary beekeeper, and more advanced methods for those who need more queens.
Members can download a copy of
‘The Honeybees of the British Isles’