Members! Subscription renewals were due on 1st January – renew here
Organised by, “The B4 Project”, this event is a chance to meet beekeepers and scientists saving our native dark honeybee.
meet beekeepers from the region to discuss Bee Improvement and queen rearing
start time of the AGM 12:45 TBC
the International Association for the Protection of the European Dark Bee
What does BIBBA Offer?
- Encouragement to form breeding groups to improve and propagate native and near native queens.
- Help for beekeepers to improve their bees so they suit their environment, are productive, healthy and gentle to handle.
- Encouragement to raise queens from local stock.
- Provision of relevant information and methods.
- Demonstrations and workshops on practical subjects, such as colony assessment and queen rearing.
- Publications and guidance on all aspects of bee improvement and queen rearing.
- Support projects in areas with a high level of native bees.
- Courses on bee improvement and raising queens, using both natural methods the bees present us with that will suit the ordinary beekeeper, and more advanced methods for those who need more queens.