- From the President – Jo Widdicombe
We have to start by ‘thinking local’ with our bees
and if enough of us do that then we can, in fact, eventually
change the national picture.
- 53 AGM Notice
at Harper Adams University on Sunday 9th April 2017
- Miniature tracking device – Paul Cross
Development of a miniature, battery-less tracking device for honey and bumble bees
- BIBBA Conference – Viki Cuthbertson
My friend and fellow beekeeper had agreed to accompany me on this odyssey.
- Quest to Improve the Manx honey bee –
Johnny Kipps, Peter Long & Daren Wood
The Isle of Man is fortunate to have a healthy population of honey bees, but there is more work to be done to protect against ongoing health threats to Manx colonies.
- Bee house on the Isle-of-Man – Roger Patterson
The Bee House is about 25 yards from the back door of the farmhouse.
- BIBBA Conference; some thoughts – R Patterson
On an island there are several considerations to be taken into account, some not obvious. . .
- State of Nature – Anon
The headlines are that long term, 56% of species declined and 44% increased.
- Varroa resistance – Gareth John
…Open Mating and Wild Bees in Southern England
- Dark bees in Cornwall – Bob Black
But nothing had prepared me for the initial results of the DNA analysis. . .
- Ardnamurchan native bees – Kate Atchley
Written as a fictional interview, I’ve asked and answered questions readers might find
- Queen raising criteria in N.E. European Russia –
Anna Brandorf & Marija Ivoilova
The rearing of high quality queens is an important element in bee colony reproduction.
- Bee Improvement – Roger Patterson
One and Two Day Practical Courses
BIBBA members can download a pdf copy of the full magazine for personal use