- From the President – Jo Widdecombe
Now we have to look at the next 12 months and what we are going to do. I believe we should be aiming for 3 magazines per year, one every four months.
- 53 AGM Notice
the AGM will take place at Harper Adams University TF10 8NB on Sunday 9th April 2017
- From the Chair – Phil Khorassandjian
Another use of technology has been to develop the email-based BIBBA Buzz…
- Seventy years ago – Jo Widdecombe
Two quotations, From The Lore of the Honey-Bee by Tickner Edwardes & The Bee-Keeper’s Guide by W. Herrod-Hempsall.
- Queen raising – Alan Brown
Every beekeeper can raise queens and they probably do so every year
- Burzyan wild-hive honeybees – R. A. Ilyasov, M. N. Kosarov. A. Neal, F. G. Yumaguzhin
When the number of natural tree cavities declined sharply, beekeepers were forced to carefully treat the wild-hive bees more carefully. . .
- Queen rearing on the Isle of Man – John Evans
First published in Bee Improvement No.1 1998
- The SMARTBEES project – Jo Widdecombe
Sustainable Management of Resilient Bee Populations
- Conferences and Workshops – Roger Patterson
One and two day Bee Improvement courses & BIFA days
- Working for a better bee – Mark Edwards
There are several key components in my opinion, to working for and achieving a better bee.
- Polynucs – Peter Edwards
My aim is to be able to overwinter nucs with some degree of confidence. . .
- QR at Keepers Cottage – Peter Edwards
Stands for mating nucs were then installed — appropriately made from hexagonal paving slabs — and we were ready to start!
- Black bees in Wales – Eifion Williams
Adaptation and resourcefulness is a key factor to beekeeping and I wanted to create the boxes cheaply.
BIBBA members receive a printed version of the full magazine and can download a pdf copy for personal use.
- Work with Bangor University