- From the Chair – Kevin Lincoln
Every winter we provide talks on bee improvement – BIFA Days – as an encouragement to members and a help to new beekeepers. . .
- 52 AGM Notice
Sunday 10th April 2016
- The Honey Bee family – Brian Dennis
In order to understand and study animals the zoologist has classified them by placing them in groups showing similar characteristics:
- A word from Brother Adam – Brian Dennis
Cull the worst, breed from the best . . .
- QR – some experiences – Roger Patterson
Over the years I have discovered a few of the many “myths” of beekeeping, some of which apply to queen rearing.
- BIBBA Conference – Roy Norris
Isle of Man 20th – 22nd September
- The BIfA workshop – Katey Slater
Nell proceeded to befriend anyone who looked her way!
- Grafting – Roger Patterson
is the drowning of larvae another myth?
- Assessment of the black bee – Willie Robson
it is possible to show that black bees can be greatly improved over many years by careful husbandry
- News from SICAMM – Philip Denwood
(Societas Internationalis pro Conservatione Apis melliferae melliferae: International Association
for the Protection of the European Dark Bee.)
- Dark Bee Seminar – Philip Denwood
a new project to set up a pure breeding area for the dark bee
- The BIBBA Course – Mike du Feu
We looked at the various equipment available for rearing queens…
- Dark Bee breeding project – Margie Ramsay
The project started in 2010 at a coastal apiary in Wester Ross with grafting of known A.m.m. brood from remote stocks of dark bees…
- From the Archives – R Smailes
Reflections on Following. . .
- IBRA Press Release – Norman Carreck
….and Membership Information
BIBBA members receive a printed version of the full magazine and can download a pdf copy for personal use.
- What does BIBBA do?