BIBBA Conference 20th-22nd September 2016
- Over 25 presenters, including Randy Oliver
- Lots of information and new ideas
- Improve the characteristics of your own bees – temper, toughness, productivity, etc
- Enhance your beekeeping knowledge
- Learn new colony management methods
- Management methods to suit native and near native bees
- Something for everyone, whatever their experience or interest
- BIBBA members and non-members welcome
- Full course or day tickets
- Programme for non-beekeepers to explore the Isle of Man
- Good access by ferry and air from many airports
- Two simultaneous presentation streams throughout, to include:-
- Bee breeding, bee improvement and queen rearing techniques
- Other practical and theoretical topics
at: Villa Marina, Douglas, Isle of Man.
The Isle of Man is a lovely island, that is easier to get to than you may think and well worth exploring. The conference gives attendees an opportunity to have an extended stay. There is plenty of accommodation to suit everyone, whatever their needs.
What does BIBBA Offer?
- Encouragement to form breeding groups to improve and propagate native and near native queens.
- Help for beekeepers to improve their bees so they suit their environment, are productive, healthy and gentle to handle.
- Encouragement to raise queens from local stock.
- Provision of relevant information and methods.
- Demonstrations and workshops on practical subjects, such as colony assessment and queen rearing.
- Publications and guidance on all aspects of bee improvement and queen rearing.
- Support to beekeepers in areas with a high level of native bees.
- Courses on bee improvement and raising queens, using both natural methods the bees present us with that will suit the ordinary beekeeper, and more advanced methods for those who need more queens.