Randy Oliver, known to many through his Scientific Beekeeping website, will be talking each day
CONFERENCE 2016: 20th-22nd September
Isle of Man, UK
Full Lecture Programme
Three days of quality international speakers with wide appeal to both beekeepers and the wider scientific community. Always a choice of two lectures. Speaker profiles and content summaries available here
Don’t delay! Book today for excellent value ‘early bee’ discounts for delegates.
There is a great selection of accommodtion available at this time, although rooms within easy walking distance are expected to fill up quickly.
Please note the Wednesday dinner has limited tickets.
“This weekend’s conference was excellent and more than met expectations -I hope this sets the standards for future UK beekeeping events and look forward to the next one!”
Delegate feedback, Llangollen, 2014
Why not extend your visit?
The Isle of Man is a stunning island for a short break.
Further information regarding travel and accommodation can be found here
What does BIBBA Offer?
- Encouragement to form breeding groups to improve and propagate native and near native queens.
- Help for beekeepers to improve their bees so they suit their environment, are productive, healthy and gentle to handle.
- Encouragement to raise queens from local stock.
- Provision of relevant information and methods.
- Demonstrations and workshops on practical subjects, such as colony assessment and queen rearing.
- Publications and guidance on all aspects of bee improvement and queen rearing.
- Support to beekeepers in areas with a high level of native bees.
- Courses on bee improvement and raising queens, using both natural methods the bees present us with that will suit the ordinary beekeeper, and more advanced methods for those who need more queens.