native bibba local mellifera improvement honeybee apidea natural agm bifa booking a course booking course day one hive york day one hive draw wing grafting contact hive record card Water collection Water robinson black bee black morphplot downloads bee morph record card albert knight picture John harding
What does BIBBA Offer?
- Encouragement to form breeding groups to improve and propagate native and near native queens.
- Help for beekeepers to improve their bees so they suit their environment, are productive, healthy and gentle to handle.
- Encouragement to raise queens from local stock.
- Provision of relevant information and methods.
- Demonstrations and workshops on practical subjects, such as colony assessment and queen rearing.
- Publications and guidance on all aspects of bee improvement and queen rearing.
- Support projects in areas with a high level of native bees.
- Courses on bee improvement and raising queens, using both natural methods the bees present us with that will suit the ordinary beekeeper, and more advanced methods for those who need more queens.